Servings: 6 | Preparation time: 5 minutes | Marinating time: 15 to 30 minutes | Grilling time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 6 salmon fillets (with skin), each 6 to 8 ounces and 1 inch thick;
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil;
- ¼ cup soy sauce;
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard;
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish;
- 2 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar;
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar;
- In a medium bowl whisk the marinade ingredients until smooth. Pour ⅓ cup of the marinade into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the fillets in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade from the medium bowl. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- Remove the fillets from the bag and discard the marinade. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the fillets, skin side down, over indirect high heat, with the lid closed, until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of grilling time, brush the fillets with the ⅓ cup reserved marinade. Slide a spatula between the skin and flesh and transfer the fillets to serving plates. Serve warm.
[Recipe source: Weber’s Big Book of Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance and Sandra S. McRae]