Servings: 4 to 6 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Grilling time: 2 to 3 minutes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter;
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon;
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger;
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves;
- 4 bananas, firm but ripe, peeled;
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream;
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream;
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped;
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately add the chocolate. Stir until the sauce is dark and smooth.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cinnamon, ginger, and cloves and stir to combine the ingredients evenly. Remove the skillet from the heat. Place the bananas in the skillet and brush them on all sides with the butter mixture. Gently pick the bananas out of the skillet and grill over direct medium heat until warm and well marked, but not too soft, 2 to 3 minutes, gently turning once. Transfer the bananas to a work surface and cut them on the bias into ½-inch slices.
- Reheat the chocolate sauce over medium heat. Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Top with the warm bananas and chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
[Recipe source: Weber’s Real Grilling™ by Jamie Purviance]